Senior Admissions Manager
Job Title: Senior Admissions Manager
Department/Team: Kenya Team
Type of Contract: Full time
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya (role includes some travel within and outside Kenya)
About Moringa School
Moringa School is transforming higher education in Africa, starting with software development. In our current program, we transform ambitious amateurs to coding professionals.
We are a premier advanced immersive program, training exceptional full-stack and mobile Software Engineers. Moringa School is currently expanding rapidly into other courses and geographies across Africa and is looking for top talent to accelerate our growth.
Moringa School was named one of the 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies' in 2018 by Fast Company.
Moringa School's mission is twofold:
- To empower people &
- To transform education through rapid-iteration teaching.
Employees enjoy a fun, collegial startup environment, you will be surrounded by talented, friendly, brilliant, & mission-driven professionals who work hard to provide the best student experience of its kind in the world.
We are committed to employee health & wellness- we truly believe that you need to take care of yourself first. We understand the value in remote working & support it as needed.
Why We Are Hiring For This Role\
Moringa School is a growth stage start-up. We are constantly iterating our model, our product offering & our target market. For instance, we are consistently launching new courses in existing markets. Our Learning, Classroom & Curriculum teams are expanding as we design new curriculum material & expand our student base. Another example could be that we are testing our model in new geographies (from Ghana, West Africa to Pakistan, East Asia to Rwanda, East Africa). To this end, our marketing, growth & infrastructure teams are expanding to pilot these models. In a nutshell, Moringa is growing in all capacities. More specifically, we are consistently looking for new talent to join our team. The Outcomes Lead will be leading the end to end graduate recruitment process and acquisition of hiring partners for each of our verticals. Your work will be impactful both internally & externally.
In a nutshell, Moringa is growing in all capacities. More specifically, we are consistently looking for new talent to join our team. The Senior Admissions Manager will come in to optimise our current processes and aid in automation to help us scale as we double our student intake in the coming year as well as introduce new verticals.
- Analyse our current processes and identify existing gaps
- Setting up a team to implement the overall team strategy
- Provide an admissions framework that is scalable
- Set up a sales processes/trackers/SLAs for admissions at Moringa School
- Work with the Learning team in designing and getting the right student profile for the new verticals
- Budget preparation, monitoring and reporting
- Hitting admissions revenue targets for the current prep and core class as well as for the new verticals and corporate training admissions
- Hire the new team to support the new verticals we are looking to launch
- Play an active role in upskilling and setting up the current team for success
- Work with our Tech and Data team to aid in the streamlining and automation of the admission processes
- Work towards strengthening the link between Admissions and Marketing
- Ensure that admissions is running fully on tech
- Ensure that data is being captured automatically and using this data to make informed decisions via a dashboard
- Bachelor’s degree in a related Business discipline or field of study
- 6+ years in a similar role preferred
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of working with varied tech tools
- Experience in various strategic leadership positions
- Experienced in managing projects of varied scope and complexity
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a corporate real estate environment
- Proficient in MS Office Suite software applications and Google Docs
- Knowledge of Excel Pivots or Index Match, Power BI, iOffice or Tableau is a plus
- Setting up admission processes on an education platform is highly preferred
- Comfortable working with data
- Experience building and setting up effective systems that run
- Customer facing roles
- Education technology
Values Alignment: The Moringa Way (HERO)
- Have humility (because we believe those who are humble have the greatest capacity to learn, grow and build epic solutions, bringing about change over time)
- Celebrate excellence (because we all strive for greatness and our ability to learn and grow isn’t just bound to time)
- Be revolutionary (because if we are going to leave our mark on this world, we need to be different and think different)
- Stay open (because choosing honesty over fear is a better way to live)\
Career Growth & Development
We do not believe that an organization can grow without the growth & development of its staff. At Moringa, we are consistently building systems to invest in the growth of our employees. We are deeply invested in offering career growth within Moringa, provide actionable feedback through “weekly check-ins” & thorough career reviews. We will work together with you to craft roles that both support the needs of the organization and that you can be passionate about.
How Can You Apply?
- You will need to email the following to Recruitment at joinus[at]moringaschool.com
- Your CV
- A cover letter (answering 3 questions, why Moringa, why this position, why you)
- Subject Line: Application for insert "role name", insert "full name"