Job Title: Assessments Expert
Department/Team: Learning Team
Type of Contract: Full time
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya (role includes some travel within and outside Kenya)
About Moringa School
Moringa School is transforming higher education in Africa, starting with software development. In our current program, we transform ambitious amateurs to coding professionals.
We are a premier advanced immersive program, training exceptional full-stack and mobile Software Engineers. Moringa School is currently expanding rapidly into other courses and geographies across Africa and is looking for top talent to accelerate our growth.
Moringa School was named one of the 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies' in 2018 by Fast Company.
Moringa School's mission is twofold:
- To empower people &
- To transform education through rapid-iteration teaching.
Employees enjoy a fun, collegial startup environment, you will be surrounded by talented, friendly, brilliant, & mission-driven professionals who work hard to provide the best student experience of its kind in the world.
We are committed to employee health & wellness- we truly believe that you need to take care of yourself first. We understand the value in remote working & support it as needed.
Why we are Hiring for this Role
Moringa School is expanding its course offerings from software development into new technical areas and we are looking for a driven person who will help build assessment tools for these courses that support a positive student experience and prepares them for roles in the job market.
- Clearly define the assessment strategy for our current course
- Roll out the defined assessment strategy to our new courses
- Develop assessment tools for the speciality areas
- Develop recommendations and strategies in the areas of expertise
- Coordinate the assessment process with the Technical Mentors
- Prepare special studies and reports
- Build skills maps and growth paths for each content area
- Review existing assessment data and evaluation systems against the area of expertise school of thought ensuring that they are compliant with the proposed data
- Educational pedagogy understanding
- Assessment design
- Startup environments/alternative education spaces
- Technical background
- Project Management
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to excellence
- Stakeholder management
- Education background in Computer Science or any other related technical field
- Experience working in an education background
- Industry experience in a technical capacity
- Previous experience processing assessment data
- Previous experience applying the evaluation metrics in an education setting
- Worked in a Monitoring and Evaluation capacity within the education setting
- Knowledge of modern developments, trends, theories and philosophies in the technology space
Values Alignment: The Moringa Way (HERO)
- Have humility (because we believe those who are humble have the greatest capacity to learn, grow and build epic solutions, bringing about change over time)
- Celebrate excellence (because we all strive for greatness and our ability to learn and grow isn’t just bound to time)
- Be revolutionary (because if we are going to leave our mark on this world, we need to be different and think different)
- Stay open (because choosing honesty over fear is a better way to live)
Career Growth & Development
We do not believe that an organization can grow without the growth & development of its staff. At Moringa, we are consistently building systems to invest in the growth of our employees. We are deeply invested in offering career growth within Moringa, provide actionable feedback through “weekly check-ins” & thorough career reviews. We will work together with you to craft roles that both support the needs of the organization and that you can be passionate about.
How Can You Apply?
- You will need to email the following to Recruitment at joinus[at]moringaschool.com
- Your CV
- A cover letter (answering 3 questions, why Moringa, why this position, why you)
- Subject Line: Application for insert "role name", insert "full name"