Corporate Training Fellow
Job Title: Corporate Training Fellow
Department/Team: Business Development
Type of Contract: 6 months
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
About Moringa School
Moringa School is transforming higher education in Africa, starting with software development. In our current program, we transform ambitious amateurs to coding professionals.
We are a premier advanced immersive program, training exceptional full-stack and mobile Software Engineers. Moringa School is currently expanding rapidly into other courses and geographies across Africa and is looking for top talent to accelerate our growth.
Moringa School was named one of the 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies' in 2018 by Fast Company.
Moringa School's mission is twofold:
- To empower people &
- To transform education through rapid-iteration teaching.
Employees enjoy a fun, collegial startup environment, you will be surrounded by talented, friendly, brilliant, & mission-driven professionals who work hard to provide the best student experience of its kind in the world.
We are committed to employee health & wellness- we truly believe that you need to take care of yourself first. We understand the value in remote working & support it as needed.
Why We Are Hiring For This Role
The Digital Corporate Training Fellow is a key role in a newly formed team whose objectives are strongly linked to Moringa School’s growth drivers under the Corporate Training and Strategy umbrella.
- Position Moringa School as a thought leader in the market in regards to digital and technical corporate training
- Develop a digital and technical corporate training framework for partner acquisition and management
- Create clear business cases/strategies for digital and technical corporate training including the unique proposition within the system
- Identify potential companies to target for this product
- Develop an assessment system for digital and technical corporate training and conduct the assessment with new and existing partners
- Work with the Marketing team to design a strategy aimed at increasing the awareness of this new product
Project management and implementation oversight
- Build out the pricing strategy, and work with the Curriculum team to design multiple training packages targeting different organization types
- Work closely with partners while ensuring that the trainings offered are customised to their specific needs
- Identify measures to control access to our content and offer on-going support post training to clients
- Define the commercial experience of our corporate trainers
- Identify best practices for other internal stakeholders from marketing team to instructors
- Rigorous testing of the blended learning pedagogy to ensure strong outcomes within the digital and technical corporate training framework
Research and Development
- Identify potential competitors or new entrants in the market to see how best to position ourselves in this space
- Have informal touch points with corporates and hiring partners for research purposes, market research, landscape analysis
- Collect user feedback
- Strategic thinking
- Business Development
- Technical writing
- Process driven
- Audience profiling
- Product management
- MBA or Degree in Business or a business related field
- Previously worked in the Education industry in a sales or strategic capacity a plus
- Background in corporate training
- Experience in enterprise sales
- Track record in closing large corporate clients
- Understanding of the tech space, especially from both a developed and emerging markets perspective
- Experience in framework development and usage
- Working knowledge of the product life cycle
- Strong local networks a plus
- Well versed with the local landscape in regards to corporate training
- Experience working in emerging markets a plus
Values Alignment: The Moringa Way (HERO)
- Have humility because we believe those who are humble have the greatest capacity to learn, grow and build epic solutions, bringing about change over time
- Celebrate excellence because we all strive for greatness and our ability to learn and grow isn’t just bound to time
- Be revolutionary because if we are going to leave our mark on this world, we need to be different and think different
- Stay open because choosing honesty over fear is a better way to live
Career Growth & Development
We do not believe that an organization can grow without the growth & development of its staff. At Moringa, we are consistently building systems to invest in the growth of our employees. We are deeply invested in offering career growth within Moringa, provide actionable feedback through “weekly check-ins” & thorough career reviews.\ We will work together with you to craft roles that both support the needs of the organization and that you can be passionate about.
How Can You Apply?
- You will need to email the following to Recruitment at joinus[at]moringaschool.com
- Your CV
- A cover letter (answering 3 questions, why Moringa, why this position, why you)
- Subject Line: Application for insert "role name", insert "full name"