New Course Product Manager
Job Title: New Course Product Manager
Department/Team: Learning Team
Type of Contract: Full Time, with Jan 2019 as the start date
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
About Moringa School
Moringa School is transforming higher education in Africa, starting with software development. In our current program, we transform ambitious amateurs to coding professionals.
We are a premier advanced immersive program, training exceptional full-stack and mobile Software Engineers. Moringa School is currently expanding rapidly into other courses and geographies across Africa and is looking for top talent to accelerate our growth.
Moringa School was named one of the 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies' in 2018 by Fast Company.
Moringa School's mission is twofold:
- To empower people &
- To transform education through rapid-iteration teaching.
Employees enjoy a fun, collegial startup environment, you will be surrounded by talented, friendly, brilliant, & mission-driven professionals who work hard to provide the best student experience of its kind in the world.
We are committed to employee health & wellness- we truly believe that you need to take care of yourself first. We understand the value in remote working & support it as needed.
Why We Are Hiring For This Role
The New Course Product Manager is a key member in a newly formed team whose role is strongly linked to Moringa School’s growth drivers as we roll out new verticals which will eventually feed into our long term strategy. You will work closely with all associated Moringa School teams especially Marketing, Business Development, and Classroom to design new course offerings that meet the market’s needs. You will be responsible for managing more than one product lines in this case courses from ideation stage to launch to maintenance.
- Create and manage the product strategy to ensure new business and drive growth
- Build productive business relationships with Key Decision Makers and influential customers within the tech ecosystem
- Identify gaps in the various course offerings and reduce underperforming initiatives
- Manage the new course experimentation and implementation for 3-5 new courses in 2019 from end to end as well as leading the go to market plans
- Monitoring and evaluation of course success
- Conduct analysis frameworks for new courses including choices on containers, persona targets and content areas
- Consolidate landscape analysis of available content
- Run at least 2-3 experiments for new courses within the first 6 months
- Develop and build a high performance, cross-functional team environment
- Experimental Design and Analysis
- New Product Development
- People Management
- Product Lifecycle
- Content Mapping
- Agile working
- Product Fit
- MBA or Bachelor’s Degree in a Business or Related Field
- Strong knowledge of the Product Life Cycle
- Product management experience
- New Product launch experience
- Familiarity with technical competency building
- Monitoring and Evaluation experience is a plus
- Experience in gathering and analyzing user feedback through a variety of research channels (interviews, surveys, observation, etc.)
Job Knowledge and Skills
- Experience managing data
- Working knowledge of various technical tools
- Very strong project management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong decision making ability
- Experimental mindset- ability to think outside the box and structure tight experiments
- Research oriented thought processes
Values Alignment: The Moringa Way (HERO)
- Have humility (because we believe those who are humble have the greatest capacity to learn, grow and build epic solutions, bringing about change over time)
- Celebrate excellence (because we all strive for greatness and our ability to learn and grow isn’t just bound to time)
- Be revolutionary (because if we are going to leave our mark on this world, we need to be different and think different)
- Stay open (because choosing honesty over fear is a better way to live)
Career Growth & Development
We do not believe that an organization can grow without the growth & development of its staff. At Moringa, we are consistently building systems to invest in the growth of our employees. We are deeply invested in offering career growth within Moringa, provide actionable feedback through “weekly check-ins” & thorough career reviews.\ We will work together with you to craft roles that both support the needs of the organization and that you can be passionate about.
How Can You Apply?
- You will need to email the following to Recruitment at joinus[at]moringaschool.com
- Your CV
- A cover letter (answering 3 questions, why Moringa, why this position, why you)
- Subject Line: Application for insert "role name", insert "full name"