Employer and Alumni Relations Assistant
Job Title: Employer and Alumni Relations Assistant
Department/Team: Business Development/Growth Team
Type of Contract: Full time
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya (role includes some travel within and outside Kenya)
About Moringa School
Moringa School is transforming higher education in Africa, starting with software development. In our current program, we transform ambitious amateurs to coding professionals.
We are a premier advanced immersive program, training exceptional full-stack and mobile Software Engineers. Moringa School is currently expanding rapidly into other courses and geographies across Africa and is looking for top talent to accelerate our growth.
Moringa School was named one of the 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies' in 2018 by Fast Company.
Moringa School's mission is twofold:
- To empower people &
- To transform education through rapid-iteration teaching.
Employees enjoy a fun, collegial startup environment, you will be surrounded by talented, friendly, brilliant, & mission-driven professionals who work hard to provide the best student experience of its kind in the world.
We are committed to employee health & wellness- we truly believe that you need to take care of yourself first. We understand the value in remote working & support it as needed.
Why we are Hiring for this Role
The Employer and Alumni Relations Assistant will come in a supportive role by way of leading the end to end graduate recruitment process and acquisition of hiring partners for each of our verticals. Your work will be impactful both internally & externally.
- External impact: Your role will offer all our graduates the opportunity for job placement in great companies that embody the Moringa School culture and vision of excellence. You will also provide existing and potential hiring partners with the opportunity to staff their tech teams with brilliant, skilled graduates that have been trained to be the best at what they do not just technically, but also professionally
- Internal impact: You will work closely with the Career Readiness Team to ensure that all our students graduate with the skills promised (both technical and professional) and are empowered to be part of great companies or build their own products
Community Management Engage alumni to create a self sustaining community by maintaining monthly communication and event planning coordination with the marketing team Post Job Descriptions, hackathon opportunities or any other tech related engagement opportunities to the alumni’s social media pages
Quality Assurance Conduct weekly regular job placement check-ins with our alumni community Ensure quality is maintained by occasionally sitting in during mock interviews and student presentations during professional development sessions
Events/Workshop Management Assist in the preparation Career Day which takes place monthly with the career readiness team Run the students through various career readiness workshops e.g job search workshops, market research workshops
Networking Attend networking events with the Business Development/Growth team with the purpose of increasing our reach
Research Support the employer relations team through conducting research on prospective employers, assessment of initial leads and prospect exploration
Business Development Cold calling and setting appointments with prospective employer partners and continuously updating the database Receive walk in prospective employer partners and guide them through our process
- Business Development
- Events Management
- Community Management
- Quality Assurance
- Education background in community development, education, or business/organisational psychology
- Strong communication skills, flexible, ability to work in fast-paced, startup environment.
- Extremely organized.
- Keen eye to detail
- Passionate about education, and helping students grow
- Excited to learn and ability to think outside the box and challenge the status quo.
- Passionate about Moringa School’s mission.
Values Alignment: The Moringa Way
- Embrace collaboration (working together to complete a task or achieve a goal)
- Be bold (being daring and courageous)
- Have humility (acting without pride or arrogance)
- Celebrate accountability (taking responsibility for your actions and their outcomes)
- Have a growth mindset (believing that you and those around you have the potential to improve through intentional practice and feedback from others)
- Be fun loving (enjoying life in a lively, lighthearted way)
How Can You Apply?
- You will need to email the following to Recruitment at joinus[at]moringaschool.com
- Your CV
- A cover letter (answering 3 questions, why Moringa, why this position, why you)
- Subject Line: Application for insert "role name", insert "full name"