Job Title: Growth Analyst
Type of Contract: Fellowship (3-6 months), start date - April/May/June 2019
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya (Potential for work travel)
About Moringa School
Moringa School is transforming higher education in Africa, starting with software development. In our current program, we transform ambitious amateurs to coding professionals.
We are a premier advanced immersive program, training exceptional full-stack and mobile Software Engineers. Moringa School is currently expanding rapidly into other courses and geographies across Africa and is looking for top talent to accelerate our growth.
Moringa School was named one of the 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies' in 2018 by Fast Company.
Moringa School's mission is twofold:
- To empower people &
- To transform education through rapid-iteration teaching.
Employees enjoy a fun, collegial startup environment, you will be surrounded by talented, friendly, brilliant, & mission-driven professionals who work hard to provide the best student experience of its kind in the world.
We are committed to employee health & wellness- we truly believe that you need to take care of yourself first. We understand the value in remote working & support it as needed.
Why We Are Hiring For This Role
Moringa has recently completed an in-depth strategic planning process for 2019 that satisfies our growth trajectory needs to reach our Big Hairy Audacious Goal (BHAG) to train 200,000+ knowledge workers through market-driven education in emerging markets by 2030. We have identified our three major revenue drivers for the next year (scaling our current products, introducing new product lines, and expanding our target customers to include businesses, universities, and other non-consumer clients). We are looking for a resource to identify and run analyses on potential growth opportunities beyond 2019 through 2022. This would require identification of growth and expansion opportunities (including strategic business model shifts) followed by operational, financial, anthropological, and geographic analyses. This project would culminate with a proposal to the leadership team, CEO’s office, and Board of Advisors outlining the research and implications behind each proposed option and a singular recommendation for a 2-4 year growth/ expansion plan.
- Identify key areas in which Moringa School should focus on from a strategy and partnerships perspective
- Conduct end-to-end analysis of geographic areas attractive for expansion
- Assume the role of a key thought leader in regards to what Moringa School should expect in the edtech space and in which areas we should participate Strategy
- Identify and manage the execution of major strategic priorities across the organization
- Run high-level analysis and benchmarking on all potential options (strategic, operational, financial, anthropological, geographic) to form a proposal with a series of options and a singular recommendation for a 2-4 year plan
- Develop a work plan with ownership and independence for pursuing the most attractive growth option (org chart, timelines, resources, etc.)
- Develop growth model recommendations by coordinating across various departments within Moringa School
- Identify key data sources and gather data through secondary research as needed
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis on core strategic issues and synthesize insights
- Agile mindset
- Stakeholder Management
- Critical thinking
- Data driven
- Strategic thinking
- Project management
- Financial planning
- 3+ years of experience in a related role
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA a plus
- Experience working in education or demonstrated knowledge of STEM education
- Track record in managing multiple complex projects
- Working knowledge of the budgeting process
- Experience in emerging markets a plus
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management
- Deep curiosity and passion for startups
- Proven self-starter/entrepreneurial mindset
Values Alignment: The Moringa Way
- Embrace collaboration (working together to complete a task or achieve a goal)
- Be bold (being daring and courageous)
- Have humility (acting without pride or arrogance)
- Celebrate accountability (taking responsibility for your actions and their outcomes)
- Have a growth mindset (believing that you and those around you have the potential to improve through intentional practice and feedback from others)
- Be fun loving (enjoying life in a lively, lighthearted way)
Career Growth & Development
We do not believe that an organization can grow without the growth & development of its staff. At Moringa, we are consistently building systems to invest in the growth of our employees. We are deeply invested in offering career growth within Moringa, provide actionable feedback through “weekly check-ins” & thorough career reviews. We will work together with you to craft roles that both support the needs of the organization and that you can be passionate about.
How Can You Apply?
- You will need to email the following to Recruitment at joinus[at]moringaschool.com
- Your CV
- A cover letter (answering 3 questions, why Moringa, why this position, why you)
- Subject Line: Application for insert "role name", insert "full name"