Offline Marketing Manager, Events and Outreach
Job Title: Offline Marketing Manager, Events and Outreach
Type of Contract: 2+ years
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
About Moringa School
Moringa School is transforming higher education in Africa, starting with software development. In our current program, we transform ambitious amateurs to coding professionals.
We are a premier advanced immersive program, training exceptional full-stack and mobile Software Engineers. Moringa School is currently expanding rapidly into other courses and geographies across Africa and is looking for top talent to accelerate our growth.
Moringa School was named one of the 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies' in 2018 by Fast Company.
Moringa School's mission is twofold:
- To empower people &
- To transform education through rapid-iteration teaching.
Employees enjoy a fun, collegial startup environment, you will be surrounded by talented, friendly, brilliant, & mission-driven professionals who work hard to provide the best student experience of its kind in the world.
We are committed to employee health & wellness- we truly believe that you need to take care of yourself first. We understand the value in remote working & support it as needed.
Why We Are Hiring For This Role
Our fast-paced learning environment creates world-class engineers on a highly accelerated schedule. We are looking for a talented, organized, systems-oriented thinker to provide management, leadership, and accountability to a high performance team in support of the mission and core values of the organisation. The Offline Marketing Manager will manage offline channels in liaison with the Digital Marketing Manager to educate the community, generate new leads for our courses, reach out to new audiences, position Moringa School as a thought leader, test new conversion formats and pilot new courses through the events platform, attract new customers and drive sustained, profitable growth for the business. Your ultimate objective will be to showcase Moringa School highlighting its most relevant attributes to different audiences in order to strengthen our brand, increase the total number of students who go through our programs and the periodic launching of new courses.
Strategy & Planning
- Defining an Events and Outreach strategy that is aligned with the overall Marketing strategy
- Defining the processes for Events and Outreach, deploying them among all the task owners within the process and using project management tools to ensure exceptional excellence
- Planning Events and Outreach calendars aligned with: New course openings, upcoming classes, school and university’s key seasons, church and estate schedules, malls, seasonal events and in general, community gathering events where our target audiences can be reached for successful lead generation
- Ensure coverage among our target audiences through the relevant offline Marketing touch points, aligning with the Digital marketing touchpoints so that our marketing funnel offers all the necessary engagement tools to convert leads into students
- Implementing offline strategies to increase online traffic to the Moringa School website and other digital assets
- Coordinating with the Digital Marketing team to ensure the live coverage of our events, and that we make the best use of our digital channels to promote our Offline Marketing activities to ensure we achieve our attendance targets not only in the number of attendants but the profile of attendants
Finance & Procurement
- Building a budget based on the Events and Outreach plan ensuring maximum efficiency in the management of our financial resources and providing financial performance metrics to the finance team to justify the investment
- Designing a procurement plan based on the Events and Outreach plan to ensure all the resources such as collateral, swag, transport, food, venues, etc are procured/produced in time for the events
- Periodic reconciliation of expenses with Financial Controller to ensure execution of budgets according to plan
Monitoring & Performance
- Testing, managing and scaling key offline marketing formats for category penetration, branding, positioning, conversion and product piloting
- Continuously researching and testing new offline and BTL trends to reach new audiences through Moringa School Offline Marketing Channels
- Making offline marketing a permanent market research agent to understand competitors’ movements through field insights provided by consumers and training team to keep an eye on and document such insights for the company
- Setting up dashboards for each type of event and Outreach channel to enable tracking performance of all initiatives
- Running periodic reviews of all events and outreach formats and tools in order to iterate and improve performance, impact on audience and quality of leads
- Running regular A/B tests across all channels to determine the most optimal course of action with the highest ROI
- Measuring effectiveness of marketing partnerships, processes, campaigns and initiatives and finding ways to improve on them Own key performance metrics to track effectiveness of all channels
Working in a Team
- Manage a team of Outreach and Event Associates, designing their work plans, defining and monitoring their goals, and managing their professional development as well as keeping an eye on their motivation and wellbeing Managing and growing Events and Outreach team and ensuring that each role is properly defined and aligned with long-term growth plans
- Providing support to the Outreach Associate on the engagement and training of Campus Ambassadors as well as the planning of their calendars, design and implementation of field supervision tools
- Engaging Moringa School colleagues outside of the Marketing Team to attend our events, collecting their insights, and educating them on the role of marketing within the organization
- Monitoring business goals and deploying them among the Offline Marketing team
- Permanent alignment with the Admissions team to ensure the quantity and quality of offline leads is permanently improved and to provide support with conversions
- Keeping yourself and your team up to date with the latest marketing techniques and platforms
- Growing business development activities needed to expand partnerships across the tech and education industries to grow awareness of our courses at all potential points of acquisition
- Scaling Moringa School Events and Outreach processes into new markets and coordinating the implementation of Events and Outreach strategies in new markets either directly or in liaison with international partners
Leading Events and Outreach teams in our new markets following the same management standards of Moringa School Kenya
- And much more! We expect you to be open, flexible and proactive as new initiatives come up from time to time.
Job Knowledge and Skills
- 5+ years of experience managing Events, Outreach and other BTL activities preferably for B2C organizations.
- Strong understanding of Marketing fundamentals
- Social skills and ability to build long term relationships
- Deep knowledge of the Kenyan market and consumer
- Basic experience in Business Development
- Data driven with persistent determination to monitor, analyze and improve performance
- Strong capacity to work under pressure to achieve ambitious targets
- Willingness to adapt to a permanently changing environment even if that implies covering for temporary understaffing within the team
- Excellent time management, self discipline and high sense of responsibility
- Process design, planning and excellent executional skills
- Ability to work under little supervision without compromising the quality of the work delivered
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Resourcefulness, discipline, and commitment to be able to perform in an environment where processes are still under construction
- Previous experience in a similar marketing role
- Willingness and availability to run Events and Outreach activities on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays if need arises
- Experience managing and developing junior level teams
- Receptiveness and self awareness- ability to work on self improvement as well as receiving and providing feedback in a professional and constructive way
- Positive attitude, motivation and passion for working within a team to achieve common goals
- High computer and tech competencies, experience / skills in:
- Excel (for Marketers) Knowing how to use Google Spreadsheet/Excel to structure & present data so that it is easier to interpret and analyse. Experience using formulas, tables & formatting, conditional formatting, data tables, simulations & solver, advanced charting (creating charts), pivot tables & pivot reporting, VBA & Macros (programing Macro), familiarity with VLOOKUP, summarizing data with a Pivot Table, creating histograms with “=FREQUENCY” Function, etc. (Regression Analysis and R2 can be useful)
- Project management tools, like Asana and Trello
- Data capturing and monitoring systems necessary for data management, analytics, business intelligence ike SAS, SAP, etc
How Can You Apply?
- You will need to email the following to Recruitment at joinus[at]moringaschool.com
- Your CV
- A cover letter (answering 3 questions, why Moringa, why this position, why you)
- Subject Line: Application for insert "role name", insert "full name"