New Product Analyst- Partnerships for Growth
Job Title: New Product Analyst- Partnerships for Growth
Department/Team: Leadership Team
Type of Contract: Full time
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya (role includes some travel within and outside Kenya)
About Moringa School
Moringa School is transforming higher education in Africa, starting with software development. In our current program, we transform ambitious amateurs to coding professionals.
We are a premier advanced immersive program, training exceptional full-stack and mobile Software Engineers. Moringa School is currently expanding rapidly into other courses and geographies across Africa and is looking for top talent to accelerate our growth.
Moringa School was named one of the 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies' in 2018 by Fast Company.
Moringa School's mission is twofold:
- To empower people &
- To transform education through rapid-iteration teaching.
Employees enjoy a fun, collegial startup environment, you will be surrounded by talented, friendly, brilliant, & mission-driven professionals who work hard to provide the best student experience of its kind in the world.
We are committed to employee health & wellness- we truly believe that you need to take care of yourself first. We understand the value in remote working & support it as needed.
Why we are Hiring for this Role
Moringa has recently completed an in-depth strategic planning process for 2019 that satisfies our growth trajectory needs to reach our Big Hairy Audacious Goal (BHAG) to train 200,000+ knowledge workers through market-driven education in emerging markets by 2030. We have identified our three major revenue drivers for the next year (scaling our current products, introducing new product lines, and expanding our target customers to include businesses, universities, and other non-consumer clients). We are looking for a resource who will analyze the potential in partnerships for growth. Since inception, we have worked with various partners across several countries to run our programs in partnership with them. With some wins and lessons, it is very important to fully define the product offering for these types of partnership. This partnership will range from University, Tech Hubs to even the Government.
Partner Engagement and Market Research
- Identify key areas in which Moringa School should focus on from a partnerships perspective
- Conduct end to end analysis of stakeholders within the edtech space targeting those that Moringa School can and should plug into
- Understand the needs of different partners and how they play into Moringa School’s expansion, competitive analysis, willingness to pay, lessons from past and current expansion projects
- Use data to identify opportunities to engage with partners as well as to define segmentation and targeting strategies
- Manage existing partners to understand the relationships and process
- Build and manage high partner relationships to ensure partner investment
- Develop point of view of strategic partners for Moringa School
- Build and manage pipeline of opportunities with predictable forecasting of stage, timing and outcomes
- Build out a business model for partnerships for expansion and long-term expansion strategy
- Conduct a financial analysis on pricing strategy
- Define how this product look like, what are its features, scope etc
- Develop content and materials in support of the business development efforts
- Provide key product insights that drive decision making based on partner needs
- Identify, research, analyze and implement product initiatives
- Proactively engage with partners to identify market opportunities
- Conduct competitive analysis to provide information about activities of competitors
- Design and implement an external product experience containing the various relevant elements that make up Moringa School and ensures scalability
- Lead analysis on product performance and adoption to drive business recommendations
- Product development
- Financial modelling
- Experimental mindset
- Project management
- Critical thinking
- Data Analysis
- 3+ years of experience in a related role
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred
- Knowledge in product and project management of technology or data-related products experience is a plus
- Experience in emerging markets is a plus
- New product launch experience
- Experience managing data
- Firm grasp of product development frameworks and processes
- Proven capability to influence and negotiate across cross functional teams
- Ability to present program strategies, plans, and finished products to senior management and the Moringa School staff
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high level partnerships
- Deep curiosity and passion for startups
- Proven self starter/entrepreneurial mindset
Values Alignment: The Moringa Way
- Embrace collaboration (working together to complete a task or achieve a goal)
- Be bold (being daring and courageous)
- Have humility (acting without pride or arrogance)
- Celebrate accountability (taking responsibility for your actions and their outcomes)
- Have a growth mindset (believing that you and those around you have the potential to improve through intentional practice and feedback from others)
- Be fun loving (enjoying life in a lively, lighthearted way)
Career Growth & Development
We do not believe that an organization can grow without the growth & development of its staff. At Moringa, we are consistently building systems to invest in the growth of our employees. We are deeply invested in offering career growth within Moringa, provide actionable feedback through “weekly check-ins” & thorough career reviews. We will work together with you to craft roles that both support the needs of the organization and that you can be passionate about.
How Can You Apply?
- You will need to email the following to Recruitment at joinus[at]moringaschool.com
- Your CV
- A cover letter (answering 3 questions, why Moringa, why this position, why you)
- Subject Line: Application for insert "role name", insert "full name"