WeCode Project Assistant
Job Title: WeCode Project Assistant
Department/Team: WeCode Team
Type of Contract: 6 months (with possibility of full time extension)
Job Location: Kigali, Rwanda
About Moringa School
Moringa School is transforming higher education in Africa, starting with software development. In our current program, we transform ambitious amateurs to coding professionals.
We are a premier advanced immersive program, training exceptional full-stack and mobile Software Engineers. Moringa School is currently expanding rapidly into other courses and geographies across Africa and is looking for top talent to accelerate our growth.
Moringa School was named one of the 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies' in 2018 by Fast Company.
Moringa School's mission is twofold:
- To empower people &
- To transform education through rapid-iteration teaching.
Employees enjoy a fun, collegial startup environment, you will be surrounded by talented, friendly, brilliant, & mission-driven professionals who work hard to provide the best student experience of its kind in the world.
We are committed to employee health & wellness- we truly believe that you need to take care of yourself first. We understand the value in remote working & support it as needed.
Why we are Hiring for this Role
In a nutshell, Moringa is growing in all capacities. More specifically, we are consistently looking for new talent to join our team. The Project Assistant will contribute to the geographical expansion of Moringa School as the WeCode project acts as our gateway to the Rwandan Market.
- Lead implementation of student recruitment for the second cohort of WeCode students
- Manage data tracking with a particular focus on in class targets
- Guiding the prospective students through the application process
- Promptly answering all questions in order to ensure student satisfaction
- Be up-to-date on what the program offers and seek product knowledge
- Promptly submit reports on prospective students admission
- Lead internal and external recruitment focused events.
- Review cover letters, resumes and other materials to provide tactical advice to drive the success of job applications
- Ensure regular communication with our hiring partners
- Assist in the preparation of Career Day
- Take the initiative to experience the student’s engagement throughout class, and organise student activities as needed Operations
- Work with internal and external teammates to develop individual project goals, metrics and timelines and assess performance
- Work with project manager to develop and set clear project expectations for the team
- Identify opportunities for optimization through collaboration across the team
- Ensuring that quality benchmarks are met
- Document learnings and best practices
- Communicate weekly data, key successes and challenges to project manager
- Ensure project manager is abreast of overall project progress and high stakes issues to be resolved
- Management of multiple priorities
- Agile Mindset
- Big picture thinking
- Strong communicator
- Avid problem solver
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work well with all levels of staff and with external partners
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and quickly adapt to changing circumstances
- High sense of urgency and initiative
- Bachelor’s Degree in community development, education, or business/organisational psychology/ any related field
- Strong communication skills, flexible, ability to work in fast-paced, startup environment.
- Extremely organized.
- Keen eye to detail
- Passionate about education, and helping students grow
- Excited to learn and ability to think outside the box and challenge the status quo.
- Passionate about Moringa School’s mission.
Values Alignment: The Moringa Way
- Embrace collaboration (working together to complete a task or achieve a goal)
- Be bold (being daring and courageous)
- Have humility (acting without pride or arrogance)
- Celebrate accountability (taking responsibility for your actions and their outcomes)
- Have a growth mindset (believing that you and those around you have the potential to improve through intentional practice and feedback from others)
- Be fun loving (enjoying life in a lively, lighthearted way)
Career Growth & Development
We do not believe that an organization can grow without the growth & development of its staff. At Moringa, we are consistently building systems to invest in the growth of our employees. We are deeply invested in offering career growth within Moringa, provide actionable feedback through “weekly check-ins” & thorough career reviews. We will work together with you to craft roles that both support the needs of the organization and that you can be passionate about.
How Can You Apply?
- You will need to email the following to Recruitment at joinus[at]moringaschool.com
- Your CV
- A cover letter (answering 3 questions, why Moringa, why this position, why you)
- Subject Line: Application for insert "role name", insert "full name"