Senior Business Development Associate
Job Title: Senior Business Development Associate
Department/Team: Business Development Team
Type of Contract: Full time
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya (role includes some travel within and outside Kenya)
About Moringa School
Moringa School is transforming higher education in Africa, starting with software development. In our current program, we transform ambitious amateurs to coding professionals.
We are a premier advanced immersive program, training exceptional full-stack and mobile Software Engineers. Moringa School is currently expanding rapidly into other courses and geographies across Africa and is looking for top talent to accelerate our growth.
Moringa School was named one of the 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies' in 2018 by Fast Company.
Moringa School's mission is twofold:
- To empower people &
- To transform education through rapid-iteration teaching.
Employees enjoy a fun, collegial startup environment, you will be surrounded by talented, friendly, brilliant, & mission-driven professionals who work hard to provide the best student experience of its kind in the world.
We are committed to employee health & wellness- we truly believe that you need to take care of yourself first. We understand the value in remote working & support it as needed.
Why We Are Hiring For This Role
Moringa School is a growth stage start-up. We are constantly iterating our model, our product offering & our target market. For instance, we are consistently launching new courses in existing markets. Our Learning, Classroom & Curriculum teams are expanding as we design new curriculum material & expand our student base. Another example could be that we are testing our model in new geographies (from Ghana, West Africa to Pakistan, East Asia to Rwanda, East Africa). To this end, our marketing, growth & infrastructure teams are expanding to pilot these models.\ In a nutshell, Moringa is growing in all capacities. More specifically, we are consistently looking for new talent to join our team. The Senior Business Development Associate will come in to ensure that we have a well defined structure around business deals within Moringa School which also touches on our relationships with external partners.
- Define the processes and systems for Business Development within Moringa School
- Oversee the prospecting and identifying new opportunities and market penetration opportunities for Moringa School within the tech-education space
- Develop and submit business proposals to various ecosystem builders e.g development organisations or corporates that we can partner with
- Conduct market research to facilitate Moringa School’s geographical expansion
- Prepare and present regular status reports on Moringa School’s business status
- Ensure that we have a proper working business development budget
- Identifying new prospects, establishing new customers and negotiating deals; drive revenues via business development and retention
- Manage complex sales cycles from lead generation through contract execution
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects
- Set up and deliver sales presentations, product/service demonstrations, and other sales actions
- Play an active role in the setting up and upskilling of the potential B2B Team
- Support all departments within Moringa School to determine their B2B products and take the lead in product pitching
- Pilot a CRM with full-scale CRM implementation with processes ready within the first 4 months
- Determine which B2B processes are common across Moringa School and work on the common capacity required
- Please note that the responsibilities may change as per business demands
- B2B Development
- Enterprise Sales
- Product pricing
- People management skills
- Processes and systems thinking
- Business Development background both in sales and lead generation
- Experience working in B2B work especially in the education sector between 2-4 years
- Experience building processes and systems around B2B relationships
- Strong local network is a plus
- Experience working in emerging markets a plus
- Ability to calibrate time, effort and investment between short-term tactical opportunities versus medium/long-term strategic opportunities
- Externally a strong communicator and is persuasive
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong affinity for process driven actions in the following areas:Framework development experience and usage, Product pricing , Audience profiling definition and CRM selection and implementation
- Skilled in the product life cycle process and has played the role of a product manager before
- Experience in enterprise sales - Salesforce, Google Cloud, Meltwater, Zendesk, etc.
- Experience in Education enterprise sales is a plus
Values Alignment: The Moringa Way (HERO)
- Have humility (because we believe those who are humble have the greatest capacity to learn, grow and build epic solutions, bringing about change over time)
- Celebrate excellence (because we all strive for greatness and our ability to learn and grow isn’t just bound to time)
- Be revolutionary (because if we are going to leave our mark on this world, we need to be different and think different)
- Stay open (because choosing honesty over fear is a better way to live)
Career Growth & Development\
We do not believe that an organization can grow without the growth & development of its staff. At Moringa, we are consistently building systems to invest in the growth of our employees. We are deeply invested in offering career growth within Moringa, provide actionable feedback through “weekly check-ins” & thorough career reviews. We will work together with you to craft roles that both support the needs of the organization and that you can be passionate about
How Can You Apply?
- You will need to email the following to Recruitment at joinus[at]moringaschool.com
- Your CV
- A cover letter (answering 3 questions, why Moringa, why this position, why you)
- Subject Line: Application for insert "role name", insert "full name"