Job Title: SPOC Lead
Department/Team: Access Team
Type of Contract: Full time
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya (role includes some travel within and outside Kenya)
About Moringa School
Moringa School is transforming higher education in Africa, starting with software development. In our current program, we transform ambitious amateurs to coding professionals.
We are a premier advanced immersive program, training exceptional full-stack and mobile Software Engineers. Moringa School is currently expanding rapidly into other courses and geographies across Africa and is looking for top talent to accelerate our growth.
Moringa School was named one of the 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies' in 2018 by Fast Company.
Moringa School's mission is twofold:
- To empower people &
- To transform education through rapid-iteration teaching.
Employees enjoy a fun, collegial startup environment, you will be surrounded by talented, friendly, brilliant, & mission-driven professionals who work hard to provide the best student experience of its kind in the world.
We are committed to employee health & wellness- we truly believe that you need to take care of yourself first. We understand the value in remote working & support it as needed.
Why We Are Hiring For This Role
Moringa School is a growth stage start-up. We are constantly iterating our model, our product offering & our target market. For instance, we are consistently launching new courses in existing markets. Our Learning, Classroom & Curriculum teams are expanding as we design new curriculum material & expand our student base.
Another example could be that we are testing our model in new geographies (from Ghana, West Africa to Pakistan, East Asia to Rwanda, East Africa). To this end, our marketing, growth & infrastructure teams are expanding to pilot these models.
In a nutshell, Moringa is growing in all capacities. More specifically, we are consistently looking for new talent to join our team. The Outcomes Lead will be leading the end to end graduate recruitment process and acquisition of hiring partners for each of our verticals. Your work will be impactful both internally & externally.
The SPOC (Secondary school Practical Open-source Curriculum) program ensures students have access to free, high-quality coding content at an earlier age than they normally would, thus enabling them to become aware of the field of software development and make well informed decisions regarding their preferred career path. You will come in to run a successful SPOC program making it the go to for high school students while establishing strategic partnerships with schools/agencies.
- Continuously improving SPOC program design based on feedback from current and previous SPOC participants and best practices from similar programs with have been successful.
- Continuously monitoring student engagement with and performance in the SPOC program and using insights to improve the SPOC curriculum.
- Improving the profile/brand of the SPOC program such that it is highly sought out by students, schools and relevant agencies
- Building and maintaining partnerships with high schools and relevant agencies to expand the reach of SPOC
- Liaising with internal departments to execute on an annual SPOC capstone event
- Writing annual reports on the effectiveness of the SPOC program
- Please note that the responsibilities may change as per business demands
- 3-5 years of proven full-time working experience with educational product design and project management
- 1-2 years of experience in curriculum development (technical preferred)
- 1-2 years experience in building and maintaining partnerships
- Research experience (Ability to collect and analyse data)
- Working knowledge of adolescent psychology (especially around youth engagement)
- Product design and program implementation
- Project management
- Partnerships and relationship management (school outreach)
- Understanding of high school students (adolescent psychology)
- Technical curriculum development competencies
- Good writing skills for reporting
- Engaging interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
Values Alignment: The Moringa Way (HERO)
- Have humility (because we believe those who are humble have the greatest capacity to learn, grow and build epic solutions, bringing about change over time)
- Celebrate excellence (because we all strive for greatness and our ability to learn and grow isn’t just bound to time)
- Be revolutionary (because if we are going to leave our mark on this world, we need to be different and think different)
- Stay open (because choosing honesty over fear is a better way to live)
Career Growth & Development
We do not believe that an organization can grow without the growth & development of its staff. At Moringa, we are consistently building systems to invest in the growth of our employees. We are deeply invested in offering career growth within Moringa, provide actionable feedback through “weekly check-ins” & thorough career reviews. We will work together with you to craft roles that both support the needs of the organization and that you can be passionate about
How Can You Apply?
- You will need to email the following to Recruitment at joinus[at]moringaschool.com
- Your CV
- A cover letter (answering 3 questions, why Moringa, why this position, why you)
- Subject Line: Application for insert "role name", insert "full name"